Are insulated Kato track joiners needed here?

IndyBob

Are insulated Kato track joiners needed here?

Post by IndyBob »

Hello,
This is my first post after just registering to the forum. I am new to the N gauge layouts, if fact I have not "played with trains" since I was about 12 or so, and now I am days away from 80 yrs young. I am about 75% finished building the 6x4 ft. table for my N gauge layout.
In the last 6 weeks or so buying lumber, train and cars, track and switches, and PLUS reading and watching everything I can about building a layout. I never heard of a bus wire but that will be done on my layout. SO much to learn but I am doing OK. (I think :roll: )

My question: Are insulated Kato track joiners needed here? ... refers to the 15 degree Kato #20-301 N crossing. I am not sure about that. (I do understand the insulated at the switches) In the 15 degree crossing area is one of the spots I plan to drop feeders anyway,.. IF I DO need insulatorss there that will work good for me.
ANOTHER QUESTION: I have a Right Hand crossing. I read about the L and R crossing in a post some where and I can't see the difference.
Maybe the train going Clockwise or Counter Clockwise is relevant. I am confused on that crossing L or R. :?
Thank, IndyBob
geeman1082

Re: Are insulated Kato track joiners needed here?

Post by geeman1082 »

I'm not familiar with the 15° crossing, but the instruction sheet should show you what you need to know about wiring for it. (That's how I knew how to wire my double crossover.)

Regarding the right hand and left hand crossings, they are essentially the same as if you used two right hand or left hand turnouts, respectively. As such, it doesn't matter which direction the train is coming from, the right hand will always be right hand and vice versa.

Hope that helps!
IndyBob

Re: Are insulated Kato track joiners needed here?

Post by IndyBob »

Thanks for that info. Sorry I was a little late replying with the thanks.
It has been a while since I used 'a forum' and I forgot to put the check mark for; notify me when a reply is posted.
I have to shake of the "forum rust". :roll:
IndyBob