Here are some pix of one of my layouts.
I have two, this one and a larger one in a shed in my back yard.
This one I call North Division because it is north of my outside building.
What gives me fun is to see trains running around my track. Scenery is my dread !!
This layout table height is 42 inches and is HO scale.
It is a private road name some where in the USA with both steam and diesel with no particular time period. I call it a Miniature Rail Transportation System.
I don’t model any area, time period or railroad.
1. Track plan
3. Other side of mountain
4. City of Emmaville. (Emma is one of my great granddaughters). The back drop that you see here used to be a piece of cardboard only 5” tall. I had it there because a couple of cars went to the floor and of course the cardboard stopped that from happening anymore. Anyhow it is made with paper buildings glued onto a piece of cardboard painted blue.
5 Another view of Emmaville.
6. Sidings around Emmaville.
7. Sidings around Emmaville.
8. Sidings around Emmaville.
9. More sidings
10. Back of residential
11. Emmaville residential street.
When I learn how, I’ll send a video of this layout.
A big thanks to Lester for sending this in.
I get lots of mails from folk who say they love running trains, and scenery isn’t their thing – just like Lester.
And unsurprisingly, I also get just as many saying they love to take hours and hours over their scenery and are not bothered at all about their trains.
I think what’s important is that enjoy it, what ever that may be. After all, without that, what’s the point?
That’s all for today folks.
Please do keep ’em coming.
And if you want to make a start, just like Dave (again!), the Beginner’s Guide is here.
PS Latest ebay cheat sheet is here. Still sniffing out the deals.